The Nissan Nismo Concept Watch will be the first smartwatch to connect a driver to the car and will provide drivers with real-time biometric data.
The watch, unveiled today ahead of its display at the Frankfurt Motor Show (10th - 22nd September 2013), is Nissan's first step into wearable technology and epitomises its ‘fan first' approach to performance.
The Nissan Nismo Watch will allow drivers to:
- monitor the efficiency of their vehicle with average speed and fuel consumption readings;
- access vehicle telematics and performance data while on track;
- capture biometric data via a heart rate monitor;
- connect to the car using a smartphone app via Bluetooth Low Energy;
- receive tailored car messages from Nissan;
The Nismo Watch will also track and rate the user's social performance across Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram via Nissan's proprietary Social Speed software.
The sleek Nismo Watch will be available in three colours - black, white and the flagship black and red. The watch design was inspired by the Nismo ring and is reflected in a seamless, futuristic and ergonomic design. The simple user interface can be controlled by two buttons and is secured onto the driver's wrist via a simple snap-fit mechanism.