Since the launch of the original Mégane R.S. back in 2004, the model has carved out a strong reputation in the high-performance C-segment and become widely regarded as a benchmark in its class.
New Renault Mégane R.S. takes Renault Sport’s unmistakeable hallmarks of agility, efficiency and driving enjoyment a step further thanks to a more finely-tuned chassis performance permitted by 4CONTROL technology complete with four-wheel steering, a first in the segment. An all-new 280hp/390Nm engine has benefited from synergies within the Alliance, and, for the first time, New Renault Mégane R.S. is available with a choice of two transmission options.
Order books for New Renault Mégane R.S. will open in the UK in spring 2018.
At a glance
- First in the hot hatch segment to receive 4CONTROL four-wheel steering
- All-new 280hp engine with 390Nm of torque
- Now with two transmissions – either 6-speed manual or 6-speed EDC automatic
- Inspired by Renault’s motorsport expertise
- Front and rear hydraulic compression stops to provide additional damping and eliminate the effects of rebound
- Two chassis options – Sport and Cup, with limited slip differential available on Cup chassis
- Completely redesigned PerfoHub independent steering axis front suspension
- More efficient than ever before with lower emissions and improved fuel economy
- R.S. Vision – innovative, high-performance lighting technology
- New R.S. Monitor Expert. Real-time performance display can now be connected to a camera and posted directly onto social media
- Trophy version with 300hp and 400Nm of torque will be available by the end of 2018
- New Mégane Renault Sport will go on sale in the UK in spring 2018