The first track action at the 2022 TotalEnergies 6 Hours of Spa-Francorchamps saw home heroes WRT top the timing screens after an early quick lap by Robin Frijns.
Porsche GT Team leads LMGTE Pro, while Glickenhaus Racing heads the Hypercar class and Project 1 Porsche is top in LMGTE Am.
· Glickenhaus leads the Hypercar class with Romain Dumas setting a best lap of 2m06.233.
· No.7 Toyota, which was completely rebuilt after the Sebring accident, was second as Mike Conway laps in 2m06.976s
· Alpine ELF Team of Nicolas Lapierre, Matthieu Vaxiviere and Andre Negrao were fourth behind the No.8 Toyota
· Ryo Hirakawa in the No.8 Toyota caused a red flag just before the end of the session.
· The ‘king of Spa’, Kevin Estre in the Porsche GT Team delivered a 2m14.563s lap in the No.92 Porsche 911 RSR-19 to set fastest in class.
· The sister No.91 Porsche driven by Richard Lietz and Gimmi Bruni were second only 0.3 behind the No.92 car.
· AF Corse Ferraris are third and fourth as No.51 entry of James Calado and Alessandro Pier Guidi head No.52 488 GTE Evo of Antonio Fuoco and Miguel Molina.
· Corvette Racing were fifth as Tommy Milner drove the majority of the session on his first ever visit to Spa.
· WRT head LMP2 category with early flyer from Robin Frijns who set a 2m05.475s lap in the No.31 Oreca Gibson at the teams’ home circuit.
· Frijns’ time was fastest overall for the majority of session as LMP2 cars placed 1-2-3-4 overall
· United Autosports USA was second and third was No.22 entry ahead of No.23 entry as Filipe Albuquerque and Oliver Jarvis set times respectively.
· JOTA was fourth with Will Stevens fastest in No.38 car with a 2m05.976s.
· Matteo Cairoli set the pace in the ultra-competitive LMGTE Am category as the Italian was the only driver in class to break in to the 2m15s bracket with a 2m15.982s in the No.46 Team Project 1 Porsche.
· TF Sport was second as Marco Sorensen set the fastest Aston Martin lap with a 2m16.398s in the No.33 car he shares with Ben Keating and Henrique Chaves.
· Ben Keating stopped on track which brought out a Full Course Yellow period in the .final 10-minutes of the 90-minute session
· No.56 Team Project 1 Porsche was third in LMGTE Am with Ben Barnicoat setting a 2m16.417s lap.
· Fourth in class was D’Station Aston Martin with a 2m16.844s lap with Charlie Fagg at the wheel.