With the unveiling of the Porsche 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition, the enduring appeal of the rear-engined, turbocharged 911 and the tradition at Porsche of building cars for the individual are combined in a coupé that is both the pinnacle of the 911 range and also the height of individuality.
As the name suggests the new 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition is unique to the UK market and will be offered in a limited edition of 40, priced from £150,237. Available to order now, each car will be delivered together with a personal photo book documenting the production process, a bespoke Exclusive GB Edition indoor car cover and unique design sketches.
An all-wheel drive chassis with active rear axle steering, adaptive aerodynamics, full-LED headlights and a 560 hp flat six-cylinder twin-turbocharged engine emphatically underline the sporting character of the 911 Turbo S, on which the Exclusive GB Edition is based.
The Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) active anti-roll system further increases the handling capability. Aided by the Sport Chrono Package Plus incorporating dynamic engine mounts, and Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB), the 911 Turbo S can sprint from 0 to 62 mph in just 3.1 seconds and on to a top speed of 197 mph. The benchmark lap time around the Nürburgring-Nordschleife is 7 min 27 secs.
To this, the 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition adds unique features carefully chosen to build on the compelling dynamic attributes and iconic silhouette of the standard coupé. Taking their cue from subtle styling motifs of the original 911 Turbo ‘930’ from 1974, the limited edition stands out clearly as the ultimate – and most Exclusive – ‘Type 991’ 911.
In profile, the 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition shows a clear link to the first 911 Turbo – the black rear upper spoiler, Sport Classic wheels in black, black finished exterior door handles, and the black ‘Porsche’ script along the sills pay homage to its illustrious forebear. Inside, the black leather upholstery features Guards Red contrasting stitching and unique highlights include an embossed Union flag on the centre storage compartment lid.
Special features of the 911 Turbo S Exclusive GB Edition are:
– Choice of three exterior colours: GT Silver metallic, White, Guards Red
– Contrasting exterior features in high gloss black: 20-inch Sport Classic alloy wheels, upper part of rear spoiler, SportDesign wing mirrors, exterior door handles
– Porsche logo script in black along door sills
– Storage compartment lid with embossed Union flag
– SportDesign steering wheel with centre marking in Guards Red and rim with Guards Red stitching
– Black leather interior with Guards Red stitching
– Privacy glazing
– Porsche crest embossed on head restraints
– Seat belts in Guards Red
– Personalised carbon door sill guards with ‘911 Turbo S – Exclusive GB Edition’ in illuminated lettering
– Carbon interior trim, including PDK gear lever, with chrome logo on dash insert
– Bespoke floor mats with leather edging and decorative stitching in Guards Red
– Complementary accessories including personalised indoor car cover, a unique photo book and key pouch in leather with decorative Guards Red stitching