Joining him on the front row is defending champion Gordon Shedden in the sister Honda Civic of Honda Yuasa Racing, closely followed by team mate Matt Neal.
Jason Plato pipped KX Momentum Racing team mate Sam Tordoff to fourth position despite the added ballast to his MG6.
Tom Onslow-Cole impressed in his Team Hard run Volkswagen Passat CC by qualifying in seventh, ahead of Frank Wrathall and Dave Newsham. Winner of the third race from Donington Park Colin Turkington rounded out the top ten.
Disappointments for Mat Jackson left him having to settle with thirteenth, with Airwaves Racing team mate just ahead in twelfth. Issues for Rob Austin and the WIX Racing Audi A4 saw him end the session in twenty-fifth.
Joe Girling was the quickest driver in the Jack Sears category, taking twenty-first ahead of Lea Wood and James Kaye.
The action resumes tomorrow with the first race getting under way just after 12:00.
Qualifying Classification – Top Ten
1. Andrew Jordan – Pirtek Racing
2. Gordon Shedden – Honda Yuasa Racing
3. Matt Neal – Honda Yuasa Racing
4. Jason Plato – KX Momentum Racing
5. Sam Tordoff – KX Momentum Racing
6. Jeff Smith – Pirtek Racing
7. Tom Onslow-Cole – PCCGB.com/Kraftwerk Racing
8. Frank Wrathall – Dynojet
9. Dave Newsham – Speedworks Racing
10. Colin Turkington – eBay Motors By Nikki Thompson