Ford will today reveal ahead of the Geneva Motor Show a new Ford Fiesta ST200 model that delivers 10 per cent more power and 20 per cent more torque, with 200PS and 290Nm from a specially calibrated 1.6-litre EcoBoost petrol engine.
The most powerful production Fiesta ever, the Fiesta ST200 will sprint from 0-62mph in 6.7sec, and will feature an exclusive specification including a unique Storm Grey exterior, distinctive machined matt black alloy wheels and special interior detailing. Production of the Fiesta ST200 starts from June with customer deliveries this summer.
In addition to the exclusive exterior colour and 17-inch alloy wheel specification, Fiesta ST200 models also will feature red painted brake callipers and an enhanced interior with unique partial leather Charcoal Recaro front seats and contrasting silver stitching, alongside illuminated scuff plates and seatbelts with silver detailing.
The Fiesta ST200’s 1.6-litre EcoBoost engine can deliver an additional 15PS and 30Nm of torque for up to 15 seconds using transient overboost. A 4.06 ratio final drive – shortened from 3.82 in the Fiesta ST – further enhances in-gear acceleration for improved drivability and an even more fun to drive experience. Top speed is 143mph.
Like the Fiesta ST, the ST200 delivers optimised cornering and agility using:
– Enhanced Torque Vectoring Control and 3-mode Electronic Stability Control
– A specially modified front steering knuckle
– An adapted rear twist-beam with increased roll-stiffness
– Unique front and rear spring and damper settings with a 15 mm lower centre of gravity
– Sharper 13.69:1 steering ratio and shortened steering arm
– Enhanced braking system with a larger tandem brake master cylinder and rear disc brakes