• The amount of success ballast has considerably increased from the previous level of a maximum 45kg’s.
• Rear-wheel drive (RWD) cars will carry their success ballast as far forward in the cabin as possible, in order to better equalise the front to rear weight balance between both drivetrain formats.
• Cosworth and Xtrac have independently analysed the start-line performances and in-gear acceleration of front and rear-wheel drive cars to equalise them through engine management programming.
• All engines have now been re-tested and re-validated by both TOCA and an independent specialist company, which has resulted in a boost level being set for each car/engine type for the entire season. These may be reviewed once per season and the race-by-race adjustments have now been dropped.
• Each car must still use the Dunlop Sport Maxx ‘Soft Tyre’ for one race per nine events* but each car must use them three times in race 1, three times in race 2 and three times in race 3 during the course of the season (*Thruxton event does not apply as the soft tyre is not used at the venue).
• The grid for race 2 at each event will be set in the order of the fastest lap times achieved in race 1. If during race 1 a driver changes one or more tyres of the same type then any quicker lap time (if achieved) after that tyre change will be discounted. Cars also have to finish race 1 in order for their fastest lap to count towards the race 2 grid position.
• The Jack Sears Trophy will be awarded to the top ‘Rookie Driver’.
No Name Nationality Entrant Car Team/driver status
1 Colin Turkington GBR Team BMR Volkswagen CC Independent
6 Robert Collard GBR Team JCT600 with GardX* BMW 125i M Sport Constructor
7 Sam Tordoff GBR Team JCT600 with GardX* BMW 125i M Sport Constructor
11 Simon Belcher GBR Handy Motorsport Toyota Avensis Independent
12 Andy Wilmot GBR Welch Motorsport Proton Gen-2 Independent/ Rookie
13 Daniel Welch GBR Welch Motorsport Proton Gen-2 Independent
14 Alex Martin GBR Dextra Racing Ford Focus Independent/ Rookie
16 Aiden Moffat GBR Laser Tools Racing Mercedes Benz A-Class Independent
17 Dave Newsham GBR Power Maxed Racing Chevrolet Cruze Independent
21 Mike Bushell GBR AmD Tuning.com Ford Focus Independent/ Rookie
22 Derek Palmer GBR Infiniti Support Our Paras Racing Infiniti Q50 Manufacturer/ Rookie
23 Kieran Gallagher GBR RCIB Insurance Racing Toyota Avensis Independent/ Rookie
25 Matt Neal GBR Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic Type R Manufacturer
28 Nic Hamilton** GBR AmD Tuning.com Audi S3 Guest
30 Martin Depper GBR Eurotech Racing Honda Civic Independent
31 Jack Goff GBR MG 888 Racing MG 6GT Manufacturer
33 Adam Morgan GBR WIX Racing Mercedes Benz A-Class Independent
39 Warren Scott GBR Team BMR Volkswagen CC Independent
40 Aron Smith IRL Team BMR Volkswagen CC Independent
52 Gordon Shedden GBR Honda Yuasa Racing Honda Civic Type R Manufacturer
54 Hunter Abbott GBR Exocet AlcoSense Audi A4 Independent
55 Jeff Smith GBR Eurotech Racing Honda Civic Independent
66 Josh Cook GBR Power Maxed Racing Chevrolet Cruze Independent/ Rookie
77 Andrew Jordan GBR MG 888 Racing MG 6GT Manufacturer
80 Tom Ingram GBR Speedworks Motorsport Toyota Avensis Independent
84 Richard Hawken GBR Infiniti Support Our Paras Racing Infiniti Q50 Manufacturer/ Rookie
95 Stewart Lines GBR Houseman Racing Toyota Avensis Independent/ Rookie
99 Jason Plato GBR Team BMR Volkswagen CC Independent
101 Rob Austin GBR Exocet AlcoSense Audi A4 Independent
111 Andy Priaulx GBR Team IHG Rewards Club* BMW 125i M Sport Constructor
4 Mat Jackson*** GBR Motorbase Performance Ford Focus Independent
44 James Cole*** GBR Motorbase Performance Ford Focus Independent
* Cars 6, 7 and 111 are entered in the Manufacturers/Constructors Championship as WSR
** Car 28 is a guest competitor and not eligible for points.
*** Cars 4 and 44 entered from round 5, subject to TBL.
Drivers designated as ‘Rookies’ are eligible for the Jack Sears Trophy. By Marc Waller